So you have done a whole load of preparation for months and now, finally you have to face the CPA exam for your dream to come true in the coming few days. Well, everyone does their best in preparing for the exam but of course, there are some steps you could follow in order to make sure that you always stay ahead of others psychologically and even preparation wise. So here, we look at what to do and what not to do in the last few days of your Exam waiting time:
1. Practice with mock tests: As the exam approaches, you should be very well versed with the content and should be familiarized with the pattern. Taking up mock tests would program your mind for a 16 hour sitting and you would not feel tire or have any problem.
2. Patience, and keep calm: Well, anxiety kills the useful energy and so does nervousness. Even though your career depends on it, do not feel much of the pressure over your ahead. Nervousness or anxiety would give way to fear and when the fear comes in, there is no way you could make your way to success. Thus in order to achieve big and qualify, you need to remain calm and composed, with all the focus on just doing well in exam.
3. Rest and sleep: One of the biggest mistakes that are committed by the candidates in the last few days of the exam is that they do not take proper rest. When proper rest is not taken or you do not sleep properly, the mind is not fresh and it tends to function in an abnormal way. The mind tends to get you into confusion and is not able to make firm stands or decisions and where the mind goes, the body follows. Thus, to keep yourself fresh and fit, have 7-8 hours of sleep every day.
4. Revise properly in a smart way: With only a numbered days left for the exam, you should not try to re study the whole course all together as it would be just wasting the time or could hamper your efforts and preparations till now. What you need to do is smartly revise the course and get back to the curriculum. Take up any revising study material like the Gleim series available in the market. Try to write while you revise so that you can remember what you have studied.
5. Make a fixed time schedule: Now when you do not have much of a time left for the exam, you need to save time. Yes, every moment that you manage to save accounts for another that can be utilized in a better way by revising. Therefore, make a schedule or a time table that would include your everyday activities and make sure that majority of it goes to the revision and you do manage to give 7-8 hours for sleep in a day.
Well, it can be easily understood that you are too curious to know what would happen in the exam or whether your efforts would pay off or not. Calm down, relax. Follow these last minute tips to increase your chances of qualifying the exam and of course, best of luck!